Pikolini provide a variety of healthy organic meals and snacks.
Our menu, planned by a registered dietitian, provides wholesome organic meals and satisfying snacks that meet state requirements and guidelines established by the Ministry of social politics and labor law. We also work with food manufacturers to create appropriate portion sizes and nutritional ingredients for children.
Servings and Nutrition for Children at Pikolini
• Meals and snacks include a variety of food groups including meat and meat alternatives, bread and grains, fruits, vegetables and fluid milk.
• Meals and snacks include carbohydrates, proteins and fat to give children energy, while maintaining total calories within recommended ranges specific to a child’s age group and level of activity.
• Meals and snacks have limited added sugar and increased dietary fiber.
• On average over a school week we aim to not exceed 35 percent of total calories from fat, 10 percent calories from saturated fat and minimal grams trans-fat.
Allergens & Adaptations
If your child has a special nutritional need or requires an adaptation to our menu, we will work with your family to create a plan that adequately meets your child’s needs.
Please specify in our application set if your child has a known allergy or nutrition need.
A Sample Day's Menu at Pikolini
Menus are grouped by ages:
• Toddlers age 2 and under
• Children ages 3 to 5
• School-age children (age 5+ through 12 years)
Menus change two times each year:
• Fall/Winter (October - March)
• Spring/Summer (April - September)
See what parents and teachers
•Porridge with chia and almonds
• Multigrain home made bread, boiled egg and yogurt
• Porridge with chia and banana
• Roly-poly with cranberries
• Beans stew with cabbage and carrots salad
• Baked potatos with fish, salad and soup
• Risoto with vegetables, soup and salad
• Peas and string with beef and salad
• Macaroni wiht cheese and yogurt
• Grits with pear and banana
•Spaghetti with souce
• Baked roll with feta cheese or jam and milk
• Mush with feta cheese and yogurt
• Egg,piece of bread with cream and tea
• Multigrain cookie
• Baked apple with raisins and honey
• Sliced fruiy
• Rice pudding with cinamon
• Helda cookie
• Broccoli cream
• Pumpkin cream
say about Pikolini Learn more about our approach to