Pikolini cares for your child like you would.
Education and development are important, but we know that nothing matters more than the safety, security and health of your child. That’s why protection and preparedness are critical considerations in everything we do at Pikolini.
How We Ensure Health and Safety at Pikolini
From first aid training for emergency situations to sanitation and ensuring a clean and healthy environment for children, we have more than 10 years of experience ensuring that every child is happy and healthy. Although scraped knees are a part of growing up, you can have confidence that your child is cared for in a secure, nurturing environment every day.
See what parents and teachers
• Our high-quality playground equipment is safe, sturdy and tested monthly by our facilities technicians to ensure it is secure and in good working order.
• We have safe fall zones with soft landing areas if your child takes a tumble.
• All outside play areas are wrapped in secure fencing.
• We assess every child’s health by talking with parents and monitoring for symptoms during the course of each child’s day with us. We increase assessment during flu season.
• We notify parents when a child does not feel well to help prevent an illness from spreading.
• We clean our kindergarten each day with safe, non-toxic cleaning products.
• Cleaning supplies are locked safely out of reach of children.
• While other child care providers clean toys each evening, Pikolini sanitizes toys throughout the day to help prevent the spread of germs.
• We encourage children to wash their hands throughout the day by singing songs and teaching lessons about health and hygiene.
• Diapering is conducted in an area separate from children’s play areas.
• We have strict policies for administering medication to your child to ensure they are protected.
• Based on new research about healthy practices for infants and toddlers, we require a doctor’s note for any medication or prescription.
• Our kindergarten are secured so that only authorized staff and families may enter.
• Safe, secure perimeters ensure that children can enjoy outdoor play safely.
• We use safety gates.
• Our kindergarten include smoke detectors and fire extinguishers.
• Radiators and heaters are covered to prevent your child from touching something hot.
• We have dedicated, friendly caregivers who are trained in child development, early-childhood education or a related field.
• We conduct criminal background checks to ensure trustworthy staff and passionate teachers provide the best care and education for your child.
• Our staff and teachers are trained in first aid.
• We are serious about training for earthquakes, fires and lockdown situations.
• We have an emergency evacuation plan at Pikolini.
• We don’t just have a plan, we regularly test and train so our people are ready.
• All perishable food is refrigerated.
• Our menu is planned by a registered dietitian so your child eats nutritious foods.
• We welcome breastfeeding mothers, and we have careful policies for separating breast milk from formula.
• Only pre -approved people from you may pick-up your child.
• Skype time / face time – as we are parents too, we know that reasonable measures are effective as long as emotional needs are satisfied. ,br/>• Therefore, we maintain and support the emotional relationship between the parent and the child offering the possibility for daily communication of parents and children at the defined hours.
• 8 am – 3 pm PT Mon-Fri
say about Pikolini Learn more about our approach to